Jute Matting – 750gsm
1.83m x 5m Folded
$27.50 inc GST
Jute Matting 750gsm, size 1.83m x 5m (nominal). 100% organic and will break down over time, commonly used to protect soils in areas exposed to wind or heavy rainfall. Has a life expectancy varying from 10 – 18 months depending on climatic conditions. Used for the stabilisation of embankments or batters, and inhibit weed growth during the establishment of revegetation.
Ideal for stabilising small embankments and small patches where weed suppression is required.
- 100% Biodegradable
- Reduces moisture loss
- Ideal for short term erosion protection to batters and open drains
- Great for revegetation and used to suppress weeds
- Life span 10-18 months
Jute Mat is 100% organic and is the traditional erosion control blanket used to protect soils in areas exposed to wind or high rainfall. These smaller packs of Jute Matting are ideally use as a biodegradable weed suppression product in the garden and around the home. This is achieved by blocking out sunlight until your plant are established. The innate characteristic of “moulding” to the ground, allows Jute Mat to reduce moisture loss from the soil that aids the growth of desired plants. It has a life expectancy varying from 10 to 18 months depending on grade and climatic conditions.
Jute Matting / Mesh is an effective way to prevent soil erosion on slopes and re-establish natural vegetation. The Jute Matting is easy to install and is fully biodegradable. Apart from the usual maintenance required to sustain the vegetation, no further work is needed after the main installation.
1. Prepare the area to be treated to a smooth even grade. Remove all protruding rocks, root stumps, etc. and treat the soil to promote maximum plant growth. (Apply seed, fertilizer or hydromulch directly to soil prior to installing Jute Matting/ Jute Mesh).
2. Lay the Jute Mat / Mesh rolls in the direction of water flow. Adjoining rolls should be overlapped by a minimum of 100mm.
3. Jute Matting should be overlapped away from prevailing wind and water flow direction.
4. A trench, no less than 200mm deep, should be dug around the whole area including bottom, sides and top of work area, this will protect the edges from being lifted during rain or flooding events. Backfill the trench and compact.
5. Depending on the steepness of the slope, Jute Matting Mesh should be pinned with approximately 2 pins per m2, (i.e. the more pegs used, the more secure the matting will be) with particular attention being paid to side and end runs. Side and downhill joins should overlap by no less than 100mm with the top run overlapping.
6. As water velocities increase, Jute Matting should be pinned at reduced centres.
7. Pin down the nettings as above using steel pegs to suit the site.
8. Maintain and water the site as required to promote the growth of vegetation.
Direct To Public
Direct Import Pricing