Coir Mesh Roll – 900gsm
2m x 25m
$181.50 inc GST
Coir Mesh 900gsm, roll size 2m x 25m (nominal). Coir Mesh is an open weave geotextile made from 100% natural coconut fibre. Coir Mesh has a longer life expectancy than other organic geotextiles and can last up to 3 years. Open weave of approximately 1-2cm in size for 900gsm.
- Double the life span of jute mesh
- Higher tensile strength than other organic geotextiles
- Great for revegetation and as a mulch mat
- Great for home gardeners
- Life span over 2-3 years
- 100% natural product & biodegradable
- Open weave of approx 1-2cm in size
- Brush turkey deterrent
Coir Mesh Roll 900gsm
Aussie Environmental Coir Mesh (Coir Netting or Coir Net) is a 100% natural coconut fibre netting that is spun and woven into various grades. Coir Mesh is an open weave (approximately 1-2cm in size for 900gsm) geotextile that is fully biodegradable adding organic matter to the soil. Coir is an abundant and renewable resource, widely used in civil engineering and for land and slope stabilisation applications. When vegetated, it has the mechanical strength necessary to hold soil in place and prevent erosion. The coir netting breaks up runoff from heavy rains and dissipates the energy of flowing water and wind. Coir Mesh also promotes the growth of new vegetation by absorbing water and preventing the topsoil from drying out. Aussie Environmental Coir Mesh is also a great deterrent to lay down to prevent native wildlife such as Brush Turkeys from scratching up your garden.
Coir Mesh has double the life of jute and higher tensile strength than other organic geotextiles with a longevity of around five years. This allows ample time for natural vegetation to establish and therefore stabilise the area.
Coir Mesh is ideally suited for preventing and controlling erosion even on steep slopes. When installed according to our recommendations and planted into or seeded, Coir Mesh will not only stabilise the area but also retain moisture and assist seed germination.
Coir Mesh is an effective way to prevent soil erosion on slopes and re-establish natural vegetation. The coir matting is easy to install and is fully biodegradable. Apart from the usual maintenance required to sustain the vegetation, no further work is needed after the main installation.
1. Prepare the area to be treated to a smooth even grade. Remove all protruding rocks, root stumps, etc. and treat the soil to promote maximum plant growth. (Apply seed, fertilizer or hydromulch directly to soil prior to installing coir mesh).
2. Lay the Coir Mesh rolls in the direction of water flow. Adjoining rolls should be overlapped by a minimum of 100mm.
3. Coir Mesh should be overlapped away from prevailing wind and water flow direction.
4. A trench, no less than 200mm deep, should be dug around the whole area including the bottom, sides and top of work area, this will protect the edges from being lifted during rain or flooding events. Backfill the trench and compact.
5. Depending on the steepness of the slope, Coir Mesh should be pinned with approximately 2 – 3 pins per meter squared, (i.e. the more pins used, the more secure the matting will be) with particular attention being paid to edges and joins. Mesh joins should overlap by approximately 100mm with the top run overlapping bottom edge.
6. As water velocities increase, Coir Mesh should be pinned at reduced centres.
7. Pin down the nettings as above using steel pegs to suit the site.
8. Maintain and water the site as required to promote the growth of vegetation.
Direct To Public
Direct Import Pricing