Coir Chip (Coco mulch)
1x 5kg Brick
$18.00 inc GST
Aussie Environmental Coir Chip (Coco Mulch) bricks expands up to 50L of coir mulch. Coir Chip is excellent growing medium for orchids and other areophilic plants. Coir Chip last longer than cane & straw mulches with a life span of over 4 years.
Aussie Environmental Coir Chip is also an excellent choice for pet reptiles substrate & bedding. It maintains humidity, resists mould and helps fight odours.
- Expands to 50 litres of mulch – Just add water
- Save on freight – delivered in the post
- Light weight compared to bulky bags of mulch
- Great for home gardeners
- Non fertilised suitable for a large range of plant species
- 100% natural product & biodegradable
- Long lasting mulch with over a 4 year life span
Coconut coir is a lightweight, soil less growing medium made from the fibres found between a ripe coconut’s shell and outer surface.
Coir Chip also known as Coir Pith Coco Mulch, is fast becoming the top growing medium of choice for nurseries, hydroponic growers and home gardeners alike because of its superior growing media abilities.
- Reconstituted volume per block wet is approx. 50-60 L
- Each block is approx. 5kg +/- 100g
- EC (electrical conductivity) less than <1 mS/cm
- pH of 5.5-7.0
- RHP certified
- Thoroughly washed
What are the main benefits of Coir Chip?
Coir Chip’s primary benefit is its water retention ability, including its ability to be easily re-hydrated. Coconut coir also possesses aeration properties which is important in soil less growing. Because of these two factors, plants grown in coconut coir, experience stronger root and better health overall because of its neutral pH level.
Direct To Public
Direct Import Pricing